Sunday, March 3, 2013

pescados is fish. pecados is sins.

Hey, hey, hey!

Mainly I’m just stressed the point that I don’t have much time as my excuse of why things were misspelled and in random orders. I’m sure that would be the case even if I had more time but hey, what can you do. I actually print out all the emails I get from you guys and then log off that way reading time didn't count against me. Just a tip for everyone, you can use DearElder.com. It's free and it gets to me that day so spread the news on that. All you need to know is my name and that I'm serving in the NY, NYC south mission...at least I think that's all there is to that. You may want to double check before spreading the word. haha.

(*she almost has it correct… you’ll also need her MTC box #: 324 and her estimated MTC departure date: April 3, 2013 -- this mailing program only works while she is in the MTC once she is out in NY snail mail will be her means of writing)

Yes, Mapleton is pretty awesome as is my companion. I seriously love her! We get along so well. We have the same taste buds, and like the same workouts, and we are just good at pushing each other to do better and to study. She is also way good at laughing at herself so that's a mighty big plus otherwise I'd be such a big bully. Story of the week: This week with our investigator we wanted to ask her "can you pray with us?" so, using the dictionary to translate we asked her, "la lata ora con nos?" we also wanted her to read a scripture so we asked her "la lata lee una scriptura?" well we kept using "la lata" multiple times between our first two lessons and guess what we found out??...la lata means can alright, but it means TIN can. We needed to use the verb ponder. yeah. I don't know how our teacher (who was playing the role of our investigator) was able to keep such a straight face. We've had 4 lessons with this "investigator" and in our last lesson we committed her to baptism! It took some work since she had some doubts but after clearing those up with some good old spanglish (our vocab isn't that broad yet) we got a yes! We have a follow up meeting with her tomorrow night so we'll see how that goes. It seems so real even though I know it's just acting, but it makes for some great practice! Oh, also in our lessons my comp was bearing her testimony in spanglish and accidentally said that we can pray and repent to have our "pescados" taken away. pescados is fish. pecados is sins. hahaha. yes, God will take our fish (: haha. I know plenty more stories like that will come in the future but there are a few for now.

Life here at the MTC is great! No one warned me just how hard those first few days were going to be though. It was seriously torturous. I felt like I was trapped in jail, no joke. I just wanted to leave and go skydiving or something. The life was being sucked out of me! But then...yes, I learned it's all about the attitude you have. Of course, anyplace you go to could be the worst place in the history of ever if you want it to be but it doesn't have to be! After a wonderful Sunday full of talks and lessons that I really needed to hear, I totally had a turnaround attitude and ever since Sunday I think this is the best place ever! It really is though, it's not just about my realization, it really is the best place.

The only bad thing for this week is the elevation change and dryness hit me. yep, bloody noses :/ all the time. Guess what though? My comp gets them all the time too! So weird. I told you she was cool!

As far as the package goes, like I said, no rush, but just some more ideas since I do not need it all is: my brown boots, some black socks (they only have the bookstore here so I can’t get them myself), 2 more workout shirts since we get to workout every day and stinky clothes aren't very good, and some mints (I’m popping mints in my mouth all the time since I'm having gum withdrawals), and then a mini bottle of that lotion that is sitting on my dresser (it's the only lotion I like on my face), and yes, a lanyard would be way helpful. Thank you!!!

My companion is way good at remembering to take pics so I'll have to send you some soon! Thanks for sending me some, they were fun to see (:

I love you all!!!

- Sister Watts


PS -I'm wishing I was more techy because I can't figure out how to upload photos. I'll ask someone whos been here for a few weeks though, they oughta know, meaning next week will be picture week!
Also, there is a kid in my district who reminds me of Jakers. looks and personality! I miss that kid so it's a good thing I've got Elder Wooley, he's way cool! Actually, all the guys in my zone are awesome! They make for a great source of entertainment. haha. Pictures to come...

Oh, andddd I can't leave this out! Guess who came to speak at devo this week?!?! That's right, M. Russell Ballard!! It was awesome! First week here and I already got to hear from an apostle. Boo-ya! Another great thing was that at that devo for the opening song we sang "called to serve". It gave me the chills to be in a room full of missionaries all singing that song together. way, way, way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment