Sunday, March 31, 2013

NY here I come!!!

Thank you so much for the Easter package! Yeah...I cheated. I opened it up last night. Hermana Lewis and I decided that since we didn't get any mail last night we would both just open up our Easter packages and start the celebrations early. Plus I didn't know if there was food and since it's fast Sunday this Sunday I couldn't wait until then to open it, it needed to be opened before! So yeah, it was justified and it was awesome! Thank you so much(: For Easter Hermana Lewis's mom sent her those Easter eggs that you open one by one and they each have something about the days of Christ's life in them. I don't remember too much but I know we used to have them. The 4 other sisters we live with are going to join us and we are going to go outside Sunday morning and watch the sunrise as we read about Christ's life and do those numbered egg things. I'm excited(: I hope you all have a great Easter as well!!

Ahh!! Just a few more days! It's craziness I tell ya. I've heard our mission president and his wife were awesome and that Sister Callderwood is a really good cook. I hope that rumor is true! I need some real homemade food. Can you believe it? I'm actually excited to cook for myself! I'm also nervous too...haha. Also, rumor has it that we go contacting our first night we get there. Like we land, eat something, then they send us out on the streets with our companion and we go do our thing! Oh boy...that'll be soooo...sooo....interesting.

Oh! Funny story about teaching! Every day people that live nearby volunteer to be taught buy the missionaries. They have some english volunteers but mainly they try to get RM's who know another language that way we get practice teaching in spanish. This past Saturday, as I was teaching a guy who goes to BYU, I was just sitting there when I randomly got a bloody nose! I thought it was kind of funny and luckily he had a sense of humor and was all, "that's a new one. Usually people just say they have to go to the bathroom or they take a long time to pray if they want to teach a short lesson. Bloody nose, huh, I'll have to remember that one." Yeah, there's my interesting lesson story for the week. Also, with our "investigator" (who is actually our teacher just role playing one of her friends) we have now taught her all the lessons (yes, all in spanish) and we are holding a "baptism" for her tomorrow night. It's all just for practice so I'm going to be conducting but we really do get to hold a whole service so it'll be way cool. I know she isn't real per-say but still, I'm so excited for her! Yay Adriana!!

Another thing - mom, I'm uber-uber sorry! But...uhh...I think I chipped my tooth. I don't really know how though, that's the thing. But sure enough, my front tooth is chipped :/ it's like it the corner of my front tooth and the corner just decided it didnt want the front half. Does that make any sense? It's okay, it's not a big deal it's just weird that I can't remember how I even did it.

Okay, get this, it snowed it the beginning of the week this week! It's official, I'm living in California when I grow up. Utah weather is cray-cray. The field has yet to open meaning no soccer for me. You know what that means don't ya? The elders and I had a juggling contest in the hall instead. haha. I won on headers. Juggling in a skirt? not so much. haha. It was fun though but I'm still a little bummed.

Oh! I got to go on a field trip this week because Hermana Lewis needed her glasses adjusted. You probably already know but I got to see Makenna Austin! She's so cute! I also got to be a host and I hosted Michael McArthur's cousin. Small mormon world. Also, also, I say Megan Manwaring!! (Jessica's roommate) and can I just say she is the cutest thing ever! Hopefully we'll get a picture in sometime. And my efy counselor (Ashley Asay) works here so I saw her yesterday during in-field orientation. yeah. Lots of familiar faces this week so it's been fun!

Hopefully I can hear all the updates happening back in the good 'ol Mo-Hill soon (and other places from my friends who aren't cool enough to live in Morgan Hill). I love you all and last but not least:

Yo se que el evangelio es verdadero y yo se que jose smith tradujo el libro de Mormon. Yo estoy agradecido por la amor de Dios porque dios me da muchas bendiciones. Yo se que Dios escucha a mis oraciones. Yo se que, mediante de la expiacion de Jesucristo todos de las personas en el mundo podemos volver con Jesucristo y Dios.

-Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment