Tuesday, April 30, 2013

accomplishment

No doctors yet but I should be going sometime this week. Thanks for all the prayers! They sure are helping :) And no, it's not hurt, hurt. If I were at home I wouldn't be spending my money to go see a doctor quite yet but since I'm on a mission and always walking around and I want to be able to play soccer with everyone again instead of being the gimp playing center field, I called to try and schedule an appointment. It's not all that painful luckily. Except the other day, being the klutz I am, I fell while trying to put my skirt on and I slightly twisted my knee and man, that's when I realized I needed to go to the doctors. It hurt pretty bad, but no, it's not thattt bad. I didn't cry when it happened so that should assure you a bit. I think I just hyper-extended something. If I tore something it would've had to hurt a lot more initially, right? The brace helps and I've been wearing as much as I can depending upon the outfit and of course I wore it at soccer the other day too so thank you sssoooo much for that! And you found the skirts! That was a nice surprise :) And the journal, I don't need a journal but it worked out PERFECTLY because Yamelis, one of the sweetest girls in the world who is a semi-recent convert, the only member in her family besides her grandpa who lives in D.R., and she is only 15 but she is going through a rough time so I'm planning on giving it to her as a little form of therapy. So thank you so much for that! It's almost like you knew. And the little sticky thingy-ma-jigs - I don't know what you call those - they are the perfect scripture markers so thanks for helping me be a tad bit more organized with my scriptures... and thanks for the snack too. The sign was from Hobby Lobby? Yeah, way cute! Thanks. I don't know when you sent the package but I think you sent it on Monday, right? It came fast! It came early Wednesday morning. Suh-weet, right?

The tooth, I meant to take a picture, dang it. I PROMISE a picture next week.

Question and Answer:
How's your ward/branch?  Tell us about it please.  Bishop?  Ward Mission leader?  Members?  Investigators?

I don’t know Obispo all that well, the ward mission leader is very nice and I love his family but he defiantly thinks he is the mission president. That's annoying. The members are awesome! They are patient with my learning and this week we don’t have many D.A.'s but just on Saturday alone we had 3 and then Sunday we had 2 and yeah, they feed us pretty well and always send us home with extra food so it's nice since mission budgets are small.

Cool Story of the Week:

This Tuesday when we went to go visit Luis and Rosa, we always open with a prayer, right? Well Luis volunteered to say the opening prayer and in it he thanked Heavenly Father for helping him receive an answer to his prayers! So yes, that's how he broke the news to all of us, Rosa included.
Funny part to all of it is I didn't understand the prayer so Hermana Sanchez had to translate for me and then we all started celebrating! haha. We set a date for the wedding and baptism right away! I'm so excited for them!!! They are getting married the 10th and baptized on May 11th and then they will be confirmed on the 12th. That's one way to celebrate Mother's day, ehh?? wa-hoo!

Angelina and Geurys dropped us. I don't know why exactly and we haven't had the opportunity to talk about it with them quite yet but I hope we can talk through things with them and clear up any doubts they may be having because I love them and they are such a cute family. I would love to see them go to the temple and be sealed together.

Well also had to give away Moses because we found out he lives in a different area, not our area and we have to honor those rules. So we called the Elders in Flushing and they are now visiting with him. He is a 50-ish year old man but sadly he is mentally only 9-ish. He calls us a lot to say he misses us but "our friends in Flushing treat him nice so he is glad he has new friends too."

We've been trying our best to visit less-actives and it's funny, they are half and half. Half of them are so sweet and they love missionaries so they send us home with bags of fresh tasty fruit and tell us to call them if we need anything because they would love to make us dinner every night if they could and then the other half come up with the lamest excuses ever! (instead of just being honest with us -- we respect their freedom, even when we don't agree with it). Yesterday we knocked on one less-actives door and through the door she was all "quien es?" So we said "las misionaras". She then told us that she just got out of the shower and still had soap in her hair so she couldn't meet with us right then. (really, you got out of the shower in about 10 seconds? impressive.) We asked if we could come back another day and she said she was busy. Every day? Yes, apparently so. We then told her okay well can we get your number so we can just chat on the phone? And she said she was too busy to talk on the phone and she really needed to go finish her shower. I hope she had a nice shower.

I also went on exchanges today and guess what? The other sister didn't know the area at all and of course, since it's my pool I lead us around and I'm pretty proud of myself because I didn't get us lost! Yay! I may have planned the day to stick to places I knew but still, we didn't get lost. Accomplishment.

Also, we had a zone activity and we did a chino street sweep! Yes, I spoke mandarin! I know how to say "hi, how are you?" "free english class" and "thank you" haha. That was fun to try and pretend I knew their language. The scary thing was when they tried talking back. I would just wave my hands and stick the little flyer out and say "me no speak chinese. you read this." haha. We were having fun with it. lol

That's all I can really think of....

So until next week. Nos Vemos!!

-Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment