Monday, April 22, 2013

from: your gimp in NY

I'll schedule an apt with the doctors but I don't really know when it'll be. The injury happened exactly a week ago now and slowly but surely it's getting better. I can now walk to the stairs and look relatively normal, walking up the stairs, well, that's a bit of a different story. haha. If I'm wearing a long dress or skirt I can skip stairs with my right leg. But putting my left leg up first requires bending so that's painful sometimes, especially since stairs here are so dang steep, but it's getting better, little by little. Thanks for sending that knee brace though! I've been using ace bandages but they get itchy so the brace will be a nice change.

Yes, I've been stocking up on the ibuprofen and sadly I've almost already gone through a whole bottle! I've shared some medicine here and there but still, that's a lot. I never knew just how much I liked my ibuprofen. Yes, my aspirin container is still nearly full. oh the difference. haha

While Ciara is learning patience I've been getting my fair share of patience-learning trials too. It stinks, but then again it's good. We can do it Ciara!

As far as my tooth goes, you know how I got those colored filling things put on my teeth to make them all look pretty and the same color? Well, I think that's all that chipped off, it's not like and actually chip in the tooth. Plus right now, the nurse just went home so while sister Callderwood is adjusting I think I'll just lay low. I've already got the knee to make an apt for so the tooth will have to wait. It's not bad and you can barely notice but ill include pictures next time if you would like to see for yourself and then you tell me if I need to get it looked at or not. I'm hoping it's okay though!

As far as the woman playing soccer, no. I mean I'm sure they do in some places but honestly, the Mexican woman are shoppers and stay at home kind of people. Even though we invite everyone to soccer only men have come so far. Even people with kids, they only bring their boys and they leave their little girls at home. Crazy, huh! Poor girls.

We put the flyers up on Friday and we've been getting a lot of calls so we're hoping this week we will have a lot of new people come. We'll have to wait and see! I teach the advanced class (since not much Spanish is required) every Tuesday and Thursday night. We also have classes on Saturdays but the Elders take that over.

Warning: We are going to the mall today with the Elders so if there is $$ charged, I guess I found some good deals. Having a mission budget has really made me watch my money though and realize I don't like carrying cash because I spend my cash like crazy! It's annoying. Everyone takes cash. Stop taking my money!!!

Wanna know a cool story I forgot to tell you?! Sister Sanchez's ex-companion left some food in the cupboard that she didn't want to take to her next pad and guess what she left?! Besides popcorn (yummy), oatmeal, cocoa, granola bars, and peanut butter she left....(drum roll please)....ferro rochers!!! Ahhh!! Heavenly Father was watching out for me with that one :)

Luis and Rosa had a family emergency on Friday so we weren't able to meet with them. They came to church but we didn't really talk about their situation much. We should be getting and answer on Tuesday!!

Griselda, ahh, I got to finally meet here this week and I love her. She is so kind and she has such a strong testimony. Her husband is still against baptism but she is one of the strongest "members" ever. She loves participating in lessons and always has good insight. Plus she has a baby girl who is just too precious.

Talking about baby girls, last night we got to go to the hospital to visit Hermana Arvisu [a sister in the branch…not a missionary] who just had her baby. Oh man it's hard not to hold babies!! [NOTE:  It is a mission rule is that missionaries are not to hold new-born babies].  He was so precious! Just a day old and the most precious cry ever. Though I'm sure I'd say that about all newborn baby crys. Haha.

Love you all!! Take care!!

xoxoxo

-Your Gimp in NY


PS --Sorry about the long wait Ciara. I know how torturous it can be. Poor Emily though. Has she received her call yet at all? She's the one I felt for the most. What a long wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment