Monday, July 15, 2013

enjoying the ride

My week was nice. The main thing I have to say though is, yes dad, we did go to Coney Island for the hot dog eating contest and man, Joey Chestnut sure knows how to rep good 'ol San Jose! In case you didn't already know, he beat the record! Whoop-whoop! To be honest though, if you watched it on TV you were in way better hands. The crowds were the most obnoxious I've ever been in, the view was lame, and though I didn't plan it, I got my red white and blue on really quickly. Blue dress, white skin, and then next thing I know, red skin! The heat was killer!!

[NOTE:  On July 4, 2013, Chestnut successfully defended his title at Nathan's 98th Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest.  He beat his own world record of 68 by consuming 69 HDB (hot dogs with buns) in 10 minutes, which earned him his 7th Mustard Belt for this competition.]

As far as the work goes, let's just hope I have more to say next week. Apparently everyone decided they were allergic to sweat or something because for too many people, the heat held them back from coming to church. Lame or lame? Super lame!

Not much more to say. I'm learning more than I ever imagined I could and I'm loving every bit of it - the ups as well as the downs. I mean you gotta have both to enjoy the ride, right? Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying it and I hope you all enjoy your week as well! Take care and I'll talk to you soon!

Love ya!

Hermana Watts

P.S. - Okay, ready for my video recommendation?  It's a brand new Mormon message and it's just oh so good!!
http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2013#2013-06-010-enduring-love

No comments:

Post a Comment