Friday, May 23, 2014

Mini update:

There are so many thoughts going through my head right now on
different posts I want to share - different topics I could rant about,
different pictures I want to show, and many stories that would be
enjoyable.

Maybe I should start getting better at remembering to update this bad
boy so things don't have to be so hard?
There's an idea.

For starters, recently I had a change up of scene. I am now serving in
Rego Park, an area in Queens, NY, and I love it here! I'm still trying
to learn how to be a city girl and to be honest, I'm really quite
enjoying that process. The city is growing on me! This new ward, Rego
Park 2, is remarkable! The members love missionaries and missionary
work and they are so kind and friendly, always making jokes and
laughing up a storm. The funny thing about this ward though is the
majority of them speak English. A blessing and a curse. I can hold my
own in Spanish but if you can speak English? Heck, let's do that then.
One more highlight about this area: I live next door to the church!
(just like back at home in Cali) but the thing is, it's not just a
church, it's the mission office too! By golly gee, I am a lucky bee!

Now, let's talk companions. It's funny how with each and every one of
my companions, I seem to be a different person. They bring out certain
characteristics that other companions don't. With one companion,
missionary work was all there was, jokes were beyond us and there were
never enough people to visit. With another companion, every little
thing we did was new and exciting wether we succeeded or failed.
Everything was joyous! With one companion I had, sarcasm became the
only language I knew. Another, we had so much fun together that
through the laughter and smiles people were able to see true joy and
wanted to know how to get that for themselves. The differences between
them all astound me. I am grateful for each and everyone of my
companions and am excited for those I will be able to serve around in
the future as well!

My current companion is very thoughtful in what she does. She thinks
of the reasoning behind things, her purpose and her desire. She is
such a good example to me in that aspect. I find it intriguing to
pinpoint the reasons I do what I do as I reflect on those stories that
helped shape me into who I am today.

As I reflect on my own background I tend to draw parallels and relate
my odd happenings to the journey of life. This includes big things as
well as small things.

I decided that within the next few weeks I will document some of these
things I'm learning and noticing. Maybe short posts won't be as
daunting to me and I can share my experiences more regularly...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment