Thursday, June 13, 2013

rain rain go away

As I sit here typing it's pouring rain outside! I just figured ya'll would get a kick out of it since I'm sure the weather has been gorgeous at home. Count your blessings! Yes it is either steamy hot due to humidity or pouring buckets of rain here. The last few weeks from Tuesday to mid-Friday it's been grossly hot but then on the weekends and Monday it's been gloomy and rainy. Funny thing is, you dress about the same. I'm still getting used to that fact. I look outside and see rain and automatically I go to grab a jacket before we go out. Nope! That's not how it works. It's still warm when you walk out. Weird, huh.

One fun thing about the rain though, we ate dinner together as a district on Friday night after the talent show was canceled (there was a flash flood warning so for the safety of everyone traveling they canceled the talent show) and as part of that we went dancing in the rain! It was a crazy night of puddle jumping and playing ring-around-the-rosies in the rain :D

Family! Thanks for the package! I got it the day I came home from the exchange I went on, so it was the perfect "welcome home" package. What perfect timing!!

The knee, the doctor should be calling me today. I got a blessing and Elder Jensen said "I bless that it will not slow you down or hinder your work" and so far, so good. It's not a pain, it's simply just an annoyance but, we'll see what the doc has to say. Apparently there was a mix up though and after the second time I called to follow up on my MRI they finally got the results faxed to them. Meaning they didn't get them until Thursday and the doctor is only in Mon-Wed. Lame, huh? Why are they so slow. gahhh. But all is well :)

Let's see...this week we had a sister training meeting which I wasn't looking forward to but ended up being wonderful! I got to catch up with my girls from the MTC and I saw Rachel Sandberg too. She is just the cutest thing ever! It was fun having a super duper familiar face. I definitely felt at home. Also we got to have some wonderful lessons by President and Sister Calderwood (who I just love to death).

I went on exchanges this week and this time I got to spend the day in Rego. Lemme just say, this exchange was a whole lot better than the first one! It definitely matters who your comp is, that's all I'll say. haha. I learned a lot both times though so I would consider both a success.

We had another Chino street sweep so I'm practicing my mandarin and learning just how lucky I am to be speaking spanish where tones really don't matter. Ain't it funny that one sound (don) can mean like 6 different things deepening how you say it? Craziness! what a blessing it is to know the languages I know! (yeah, I'm sure everyone says that...but still)

Oh, just want to say that last Monday I got a game of indoor soccer going for P-day and the Elders thought it would be funny if we played guys vs. girls. I was down with the idea and guess what, girls won. Boo-ya!

Also, Antony, the 12-year-old, did I tell you he gave me present? I have a signed picture of his drawing of the statue of liberty because he calls me Sister Liberty. haha. That kid is so funny.

Oh! Accomplishment! (of some form or another) I bought toothbrushes for the first time in my life today! I'm used to just going to the cupboard and getting them or maybe on an unlucky day having to shoot a text to mom to see when she could bring some home but that was that. Today I actually bought myself some toothbrushes. (it's the little things that count) It gave me a headache because there were so many options but yes, I did it! I'm such a big girl (; haha

Sad story, no one here knows my nickname! imagine that (; haha. Ciara, you know how on your letter you wrote to Rae-Rae? The office didn't know who the heck Rae-Rae was since you didn't put a last name of that. lol. Luckily on the return address it was from a Watts so they figured it out. But you had them confused pretty good. good going. haha. and thanks, it made me smile :)

Thanks for all the "hello's" of this week! Hi to ya'll back :)

The next update should have some adventures included. This next week I'm in-charge of planning everything! My comp gets to act like she's the newbie and doesn't know jack and I get to take us around town, set up appointments, teach lessons, and all that wonderful jazz. I'm not nervous yet, but seeing as I get lost because all the buildings look the same here, I'm sure we'll get ourselves lost a time or two. Who-hooo! Looking forward to wandering the city aimlessly as I try to remember where so-and-so lives :) Also it's my companion's birthday tomorrow so that'll be extra fun!!! I don't really know what we're doing to celebrate yet though so it'll be a surprise to both of us :)

-- Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment