Saturday, June 22, 2013

good results from blessings and hard work!

Lo siento mi amors pero no tengo mucho tiempo!! We went to go get haircuts this morning which took a lot longer than we planned because the member doing it, after trimming our hair just a bit, decided to give us a good blow dry and style it, then after that she curled our hair! And my comp's hair was pretty quick but you all know how curling my hair is! She got half way done and the curls were already nearly straight since she didn't spray them right when she finished up. How sad! Then she brought out this gel stuff which she said held way better than spray, she put the goop in my hair and then curled it. It honestly sounded like we were frying scones or something with all the sizzling the goop and my hair were doing with the hot curling iron. Sadly, even this goop doesn't seem to be totally holding up, sad day, oh well. Lesson learned, once again, my hair does not curl!! And after this we are going to Buffalo Wild Wings with the Elders for a little food eating competition. dun-dun-dun! So we can't be running late. Just to answer a few of your questions

Weather report:
I don't even know what's normal and what's not. I wouldn't be too surprised if it rains year round here the way things have been though. All I know is people have umbrellas on them year round because they don't just use the umbrellas for the rain, nope, everyone walks around with them in the sun for shade too! It's pretty darn common. I feel like it's just a huge hassle though because the nasty-ness comes from the humidity, not the sun. I love the sun!

Any new investigators?
Yes! We meet this wonderful family with 3 daughters and 2 sons. One boy is just 3...or 4? And then the others are all older than 8-years-old so we are teaching them since they all want to be baptized. Aww they are just so sweet! And even more of an up-side, I get to teach in english since the kids prefer english over spanish. yipee! But the thing is (since there is always a catch) the dad is very catholic so he is kind of against the idea of baptism. We can't baptize them if both parents don't give a green light. We're hoping he will soften his heart, realize just how happy the gospel makes his kids, see the difference for good it has on their lives, and support them in this major decision. As for the mom though, she loves that they are picking a religion for themselves, so she is happy! Good mama :)

How did the week go?
Well, as you know, I was in-charge of it all and not to brag or anything, because even though I was in-charge it is still totally a team effort the whole way, buttt, we blew our numbers out of the water! At the beginning of each week we set goals (numbers) for how many lessons we want to teach, how many less actives we are going to visit with members, how many new investigators we want to have, and how many people we are going to invite and help come to church. Stuff like that. Well, we worked super-duper hard this week, we were always busy, and we were blessed with finding this family, teaching them twice, getting 4 new investigators, and then we also visited 2 less active families, taught about the importance of the Sabbath day to an investigator, and yes, tons of people at church! It was great to see them all there and to see how well the members reacted as they tried to meet them all, too. It just got me pumped up to see good results from blessings and hard work. I know you don't always see immediate results, but when you do, such as this week, it just re-motivates you and gets you extra excited! I hope my hermana and I can keep up our part, the hard work, and Heavenly Father will keep up his part, the blessings, so we can find even more people!!

Love you all!! I guess this email wasn't thatttt short after all, my comp is still typing away so I'm just waiting for her. Love you all! Thanks for being so awesome! I have something for you!!

-Hermana Watts

P.S. -- Watch this, it's my favorite! It's perfect for this time of the year -- Hope you like it too :)
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages#earthly-father-heavenly-father

No comments:

Post a Comment