Thursday, May 16, 2013

FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES!!

It was a successful day with millions of flowers everywhere. I love seeing guys give girls flowers! So sweet. At church they were handing out flowers to all of the woman and so I got one and got to give it to my "mom" (in the mission, whoever trains you is your mom and then your first district leader is your dad. Elder Jensen told me to never call him dad though...apparently he disowned me on the first day?) ha. Naw, it's just weird. But my "mom" likes to pull the mom card sometimes and tells me "you have to do it because your mother says so" so in turn, I get to pull the kid card on her. I really ought to use it a bit more than I do, but I'm sure I'm hard enough on her anyway so maybe I won't.)

I went to go look at my blog today and you're right, I do keep you way updated! Lots of info going your way - you're welcome and sorry at the same time. It's a lot! Thank you all for the support!!!

It was good talking to ya on the phone yesterday, but now I'm left with not too much to say...

[side note: every missionary is able to contact home via skype or phone call on Mother’s Day as well as on Christmas Day. Yay! It was fun for the whole family to be able to talk to her for an hour on Sunday]

Luis and Rosa - I know I updated you a bit during the phone call but summary of it all, communicate, communicate, and communicate some more. Communication is KEY in all relationships! Sadly their's is a bit rocky right now because they haven't been taking advantage of the opportunity to talk things out and really express themselves, but with prayer and fasting, great things can happen, so I'm hopeful for them.

And Alexandra, I just love her! I'm excited for her to continue learning more and I hope her kids find interest in it all, too. We gave them a little kids Book of Mormon story book (the one with all the pictures) so they can follow along with her as she reads the stories, too.

I get to play handball today!...well hopefully.

I hope you all have a great day too. Love youuuu <3

-Hermana Watts

p.s. I'm so excited for you Ciara!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment