Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I don't say goodbye, I say "I'll see you when I see you."

It snuck up on me!
You hear others say time passes by quickly and I've had many experiences where that has surely been the case but I never thought my time to serve would be one of those said experiences. Since I was a little girl I have been wanting to go on a mission. When I got my call in December it seemed like February 20th was forever and a day away. Obviously I was wrong about that. With years and years of anxiously waiting until I was finally the one wearing the missionary name-tag, it seems unreal that my time is now.

The more people ask, the more I think about it; the more I think about it, the more real it becomes; and the more real it becomes, the more I start to freak out.
I know that I made the right choice by deciding to go on a mission - that I have never doubted. Though at times I feel unprepared, I know the Lord will be with me every step of the way. No, neither of those things are getting to me. So what's my dilema? Well, I hate goodbyes.

I've never been one to say goodbye, I'm more of a "see you later" kind of gal. But in this case, in this case I feel the need to say goodbye. 18 months, though rumor has it that it passes by super fast, to me it sounds forever long. I know when I come home that many things will have changed and I would hate to know that I did not say a proper goodbye to someone or something because I did not want to get emotional. (On top of not being one for goodbyes I'm also not one for crying. I absolutely hate it!)So, though it's hard, I'm learning to suck it up.

My trick to staying sane is reading this quote over and over:
 


I know that though I may lose contact with certain people, the Lord will bless me and everything will work out in the end. Even though I cannot see how perfect things will be, I have enough faith to know that Heavenly Father wants what is best for me. I have faced and will continue to face many trials but that is just part of life. We need to constantly be learning and growing for if we are not then what is the point of living? It's all about growth.

I just want to finish up this post with the lyrics to a Jason Aldean's song. (Yes, I'm a country lover!)


Let's don't say goodbye
I hate the way it sounds
So if you don't mind
Let's just say for now

See you when I see you
Another place some other time
If I ever get down your way
Or you're ever up around mine
We'll laugh about the old days
And catch up on the new
Yeah see you when I see you
And I hope it's some day soon

God made this old world round
And maybe it's that way
So that paths that we go down
Yeah will cross again someday
And someday I'll...

See you when I see you
Another place some other time
If I ever get down your way
Or you're ever up around mine
We'll laugh about the old days
And catch up on the new
Yeah see you when I see you
And I hope it's someday soon

See you when I see you
Another place some other time
If I ever get down your way
If you're ever up around mine - just stop by
We'll laugh about the old days
And catch up on the new
Yeah I'll see you when i see you
'til then my prayers are with you
And I hope it's some day soon

I'll see you when I see you

No comments:

Post a Comment